Hey readers.. You there.. I'm ill since last week, wednesday, and I'm not fully recovered. I'm not healthy or having strong immune system, keeps falling for flu and fever.
Well that aside. I reckoned this is more of a topic comparing to me being ill. I wonder, if ever anyone of you encounter/ came across rude and impolite bus captian be it SBS or TIBS. I always hated some of the bad sheep among those good ones, I personally witnessed a few incidents that bus captian yelling at their passengers, or towards the extreme "rejection of ferry".
I bet you must have seen bus captains who refused to stop at bus stop because they are late or delay on their bus schedule. I checked, and according to SBSTransit, those schedule only served as guideline to reach certain stop and there's no any form of penalty, if they were to arrive late on the next bus stop. Frustrating isn't it, having schedule's guideline becoming an excuse to reject ferry.
This coming one scored the top in my hatred list toward bus captains. Impoliteness, Insincerity, lack of passion/motivation in work, not being enthu toward helping, bad ethic and negative attitude. I must said this spoil one's day and image of Singapore.
Bus captains in the modern days do not just merely a bus driver. They are a representative of Singapore towards foreign. Why so? - Singapore a small island, and very accessible with comprehensive conveniences, hence foreigners/tourists would choose to travel on their own using public transport. Therefore, they would formed maybe not the first, but the 2nd or 3rd impression.
I had an incident here, an Ang Moh conversation with a bus captain.
Ang Moh:"Does your bus go to town.. CK Tang" (where CK Tang is opposite)
Bus Captain:"No!! (+!!!!!!)"(closing the bus door and move off...)
??? Where the ang moh?
The ang moh on the bus, now the ang moh with his wife are at Raffles Girls Sch..
What worst.. The Bus Captain made them paid for the bus fare.. and said Ït my responsibilities, my work.
2nd Incident...
Impolite Bus Captain toward an Indian..
The Indian couple with their both full, and travelling with their 2 kids.
Bus Captain: "I'm not driving you, and I can't have the whole bus waiting for you (yelling)"
Indain Husband:"Wait we still have a few bags, and the wife coming from a really short distance, not far aways.. less than a metre fm the bus."
Bus Captain:"If you dun go down, I drive away. (Yelling, with a few vague)"
Indian Wife:"Why can't you wait for awhile?" (carrying her young kid 1+yr old)
Bus Captain:"Whole bus can't wait for you I***" (the bus only filled with 5 ppl)
Incident 3 (Happened most commonly, after implementation of tt tap tap card)
Bus Captain:"Hey your Ah Gong Bus Har.. DUn need paid" (Commonly heard)
Better version:'Oie huan QIAN!!!..
Better Better Version: "Tap your CARD leh"
Mine version: "Sorry, have you forgotten to tap?" (Polite and good?)
Well, sometimes, passenger did tap, however some devices were spoilt and with no sound.
Despite of that, some Bus Captains.. insisted tt you didn't pay.
Y? Because the no sound
Bus Captain would asked.. "If you tap why no sound.."
You tap again..Device shown "Entry Ok!"(no sound)
Bus Captain:"No money.. Pay cash.."
Ridiculars I say, commuter want nothing more than a peaceful ride to their destination. And afterall, ain't they the customer, should they be treated badly? Even if they are not.. Human with sense should treat one another politely.
Perhap not all the times, nor does it happened to everyone, however some do experience awful ride - being humiliated, verbally harrassment and physiologically insulted by impolite bus captain. Maybe to the extreme threaten to a fight.. I guess public bus company should work toward training Bus captains on Emotional Control, and Understanding the need of the Commuters A.K.A Customers, since there's a recent increase in bus fare.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment